How to Play DVD Folders: A Guide for Beginners
With the rise of digital technology, DVDs are no longer the go-to for watching movies and TV shows. However, DVD folders, also known as DVD images, are still widely used and offer a number of benefits over traditional DVDs. In this blog post, we’ll explore the benefits of DVD folders and walk you through the process of downloading, playing, and enjoying your favorite Michael Jackson dvd on your computer or TV.
Benefits of downloading Michael Jackson Digital DVDs
- It saves you time: as there is not shipping over digital files, once you have completed your payment you will receive a Mega link to download your Michael Jackson dvd at full speed. You will enjoy your DVDs in minutes, no matter where you are.
- It saves you money, as digital files are much more economical than physical DVDs of Michael Jackson and there are not shipping costs.
- Interactive Menus: Michael Jackson DVDs include interactive menus, making it easier to navigate and find the content you want to watch. This is especially useful in concerts or long documentaries, where you can skip the songs of go directly to your favourite part of the movie. Note: this feature is available on all computers, but it may not be available on certain TVs.
- High Quality: digital DVDs are exactly the same quality as hard copies. The folders contain the full DVD structure, you will not experience any loss of quality. The video and audio quality of Michael Jackson DVDs is often better than what you’ll find on streaming services, making it a great option for those who want the best possible viewing experience.
- Convenient Storage: DVD folders are stored on your computer or external hard drive, freeing up space on your shelf and making it easier to organize and access your collection.
How to Download Michael Jackson digital DVDs
- Choose “Digital” on the Format options of the DVD and add it to your cart. On the checkout, you will see that shipping is free (unless combined with physical videos).
- Once you have finished your payment, your order status will change to In Process. When the payment is completed, your order status will change to Completed and you will receive and email with your links to download your DVD: you will get two links, one that says PAL format (Western Europe, China, India, Australia, most of Africa) another that says NTSC format (North America, Japan, South Korea, certain countries in South America and Taiwan). Depending on your region, you should download one or the other. Check the full list of countries here.
- Download the files to your computer. As they usually are big files (around 4 GB per disc), most probably you will download them as a .zip file, though you can also choose to download each file in normal mode.
- Once you have downloaded the file, extract it onto a single folder if you got a .zip file. Now you are ready to enjoy your Michael Jackson DVD. Check the next part and see how you can play it on your computer or on your TV.
How to Play Digital DVDs on Your Computer
- Install a Video player: To play DVD folders on your computer, you’ll need a Video player. Popular options include VLC Media Player (recommended), BS Player, PowerDVD and Windows Media Player. Simply download and install the player of your choice.
- Right-click on the folder you extracted, click on “Open with” and choose your media player. The DVD will start playing. You can use the interactive menu to navigate to the scene or episode you want.
- If the DVD has subtitles, you can activate it in the main menu or at any time during playback by clicking on subtitles options of your DVD player.
How to Play Digital DVDs on Your TV
- Once you have downloaded and extracted the DVD folder on your computer, you have to send that folder to an external USB flash drive (or you can connect your computer to the TV, allowing you to play also menus).
- Plug the USB drive into your television. Make sure your TV can play .VOB files (most smart TVs do).
- Search for the folder called VIDEO_TS. Play the .VOB files. Enjoy!
Drawbacks of Digital DVDs over physical ones
- You don’t get any artwork, meaning no covers or printed discs (as the file is digital).
- Some TVs may not be able to play menus or skip chapters. We strongly recommend to play the files on your computer or by connecting your computer to your TV.
- Your files are more likely to get lost or erased from your storage unit (computer or flash drive).